Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall Colors






These pictures give an idea of how the fall colors are on display right now or have been in the last week.

The yellow leafed trees are our apple trees today. The top one is taken through the kitchen window.













The small red tree is a Amur Maple that belongs to the neighbor across the street. The dark red one is our Chokecherry tree. The Amur Maple has lost most of its leaves now.

The arrival of fall is a week or two late this season - many times most of the leaves are on the ground by mid October.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those fall colors are gorgeous. Our are starting to turn here. I have been walking DAILY and have gone from one block after my surgery to 8 blocks everyday. I think tomorrow I'll try 10 blocks. Today I had the granddaughters and Linia was asleep when S. came for them, so I did my 8 block walk and pushed her in the stroller--through cruncy leaves. BTW--I am well aware of the fact that dried plums are prunes. Yes, I was hinting that you needed to change your blog. What kind of a blog would I have without pictures. Pictures are worth a 1000 words, so w/o pictures, my blogs would be horribly long--even as are my comments at times. :-)

Jean said...

Say, Pat, I just added another blogger to my list of favorites. Read one or two of her posts - you'll see that blogs don't have to have pictures. Also you might be able to use some of the pictures that have to do with your family and friends from other sources.

Put a digital camera on yur Christmas list. Ha!