Monday, January 19, 2009

Sample Quilt Block Designs











Here are some quilt block designs that I have been sampling in an effort to decide which one to use on a quilt for a queen size bed. I may not use the exact colors but I will use one of these layouts.

My readers may vote on their favorite by number starting with number one at the top. I have already decided and in the next post I will show the layout that I picked and hopefully by then I will have chosen the colors also. I have to go shopping to find out what is available. These were made from goods that I have on hand but I don't have enough to do a large quilt top.

Eight of the layouts are made with the exact same blocks in different orders.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You show 10 blocks. Commenting on the 1st block, if done in true to life colors, it would make a beautiful Canada quilt. I guess, you could do red and white, as well. That is not my pattern choice however. If you counte 7 down, from that one or 3 up from the bottom, I like that arrangement best. Of course color is of most importance. Hope you're having a great day.

Dennis and Valerie said...

My favorite is the last block you show. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow....how on earth do you decide? It would also look different in how they all go together. I don't think I prefer the pinwheel look but then maybe it's quite nice all together?