Friday, April 18, 2008

The 50 Year Celebrastion

Robert & Marilyn R. celebrated their 50th. wedding anniversary on April 5, 2008 in the home of one of their daughters in Overland Park, KS. Robert (Bob to most of us) is my cousin on my Mother's side of the family. ( My memories of the day they were married are mostly associated with the fact that it was a very windy day and night and the home where my family stayed rattled considerably from the constant onslaught of the wind.) This day of their 50th. celebration was a lovely spring day and the home was rattling mostly from the many visitors and grandchildren.


















Myrna & Jean have a visit with cousin Ernie.





The grandkids helping themselves to the eats.










B. & M.'s daughter Wendy with a friend (in red) and B. & M.'s niece by marriage, Trudy.








Daughter Karen taking pictures of the occasion.









My brother, John with cousins Vicky & Diane.














Four of B. & M.'s granddaughters.

More pictures on the next post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the introductions! They were most helpful! Sometime it would be nice to see a picture of all you siblings together!

Jean said...

Hi Andrea - the last one of all of us together that I remember was taken at the time of Mom's homecall and ours are not digital. Maybe I'll have to stick a print in my Bible to show you the next time we meet at a meeting.

I see you noticed my post before I mentioned it on FB - good.