Thursday, June 19, 2008

What is it?


Now you are curious why I would post a picture of this....

Last Friday my hubby came home with this item just for me. That was a surprise in itself because he isn't in the habit of buying things like this for me when there isn't a special day, i.e. birthday or anniversary.

Second surprise .... when I used it on Sun. I got lots of comments from other gals - more than on any other handbag I ever had.

The cloth is hand woven here in Winnipeg by refugee women from Minemar (Burma), the Karen tribe. they make the bags as well as table clothes and scarves. They are Christians and attend one of the chapels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's very cute! I know some refugees here from Burma. They were trying to get a loom so they can make some things. I'm glad you got a surprise.