Saturday, August 11, 2007

More of Insel Mainau






















Looking at the lake from the garden - gorgeous yellow flowers that I cannot identify.
The rhododendrons were at the peak of the season and they come in so many colors - how beautiful.
Helmut is leaning on a huge California Redwood tree (I think). We certainly saw some of them in the garden.
There are dozens more pictures taken in this lovely place but I will quit before you fall asleep looking at them. Our kids think we took far to many flower pictures - a habit established many years ago.
We had our lunch in an outdoor cafe near the boat house where you may get a cruise on the lake for another substantial fee. We could have gone up to see the castle from this area as well but we chose not to pay another fee and take the climb up, etc.
PS - Wasn't it nice that Ruth showed me how to get the pictures going again? Perhaps you wish she hadn't done it. Hopfully all these posts will keep everyone busy for a day or two until I can get back to more posting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just now looked on your blog and what a surprise. The flowers are so beautiful. It is good to get back on the tour bus. You mentioned a California Redwood. Do you think someone imported from California to Germany? Those sculptured bushes are quite impressive. The hanging lamps reminded me of being in the Lamp Shop. I expect you'll miss Ruth. Does she have or will she be getting a blog. It would be nice to see some of Dallas. Val sent me many pictures of the reunion and Robin H. put them on my computer, but I'm not sure how to access them.
Great post. Love, Pat

Jean said...

Hi Pat,

Hope you come back and read these comments.

I know how it feels to have things on the computer and not know how to access them - join the club.

At the moment Ruth doesn't have a digital camera - she plans to buy one in the states. I don't know if she'll start a blog or not. She does use Facebook if you know how to access that - my experteese on that area is limited.

With both my techs away I hope nothing to complicated happens to this computer. I don't even know where to find the spell check on this comment box. So you have to put up with what you see.

Dennis and Valerie said...

A. Jean, those pictures of the flowers are so pretty. We have them on our laptop (got them off your card at the reunion) so it has been fun to see them from time to time. :)