Thursday, August 9, 2007

Oh What Do We Smell?

In the process of closing up the house to run the A/C this morning I went to the basement and was met by an unpleasant stink coming from the work shop. My good husband was hard at his work and had been sawing a piece of some plastic with the band saw. So of course I commented on the "stink". Then I told him I had shut up the house and put the A/C on so he adjusted the ventilation in the basement in hopes of getting the "stink" cleared out.

A while later he came through the kitchen and said "It smells so good" I actually couldn't smell what he was talking about but knew it must be the applesauce cooking on the stove.

He finished his job and is likely working at something else. I am waiting for the applesauce to cool so that I can do the next step, then there is another potful to cook afterwards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our house stinks from having had the AC on since early May. I think I've only opened up the house a couple times. John does best with the constant temp. and fan. Once I get in, I don't notice the stink, but if I come down from upstairs or up from downstairs, I also smell it. Maybe when fall gets here, we can enjoy some open windows. For 35 years I never thought I would be caught saying this.
Have a saucy day. Love, Pat