Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sisters

A sister is a God given blessing.

Sisters share - all kinds of good times, bad times, special celebrations, plain old everyday work, parents, brothers and things.

It is probably hardest to share things as one often wants to be possessive of their own things. "That is my doll" or " that is my side of the bed" or "don't put your clothes there that is my space".

It is easy to understand that parents & other family members belong to each equally.

It seems now that we are more mature and many miles apart geographically we are closer in our feelings for one another.

Sister, Pat, I love you. Thank you for being a wonderful sister.

3 comments:

Pat VE said...

Dear sister Jean,
I am writing this through tears. You don't know how much that means to me today. I love you so much and am so thankful to the Lord for you. What a special treasure you are to me. Love, your sister, Pat, Patty Patricia Anne Ferris Van Essen XXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jean said...

Glad I could help make your day - too bad it had to be in tears.

Aren't you glad you don't have to write that whole signiture on everything you have to sign and squeeze it in some of the little spaces?

XO to the 100th power

Love, Jean Elizabeth Ferris Zimmermann (doesn't even fit on one line)

Dennis and Valerie said...

This is such a sweet post. I just saw it today for the first time. :)

I always wished I had a sister.

Now I have five wonderful sisters-in-law!