Monday, February 25, 2008

The Pussy's Cat -astrophic Experience

There once was a Pussy Cat of fine character who lived in an old house in a cold climate. The Pussy was a black and white fellow with a slightly suspicious attitude towards strangers. Upon finding an unknown workman in the old house the Pussy stood around and hissed at him.

One day the workman needed to do some work near the heat vent of the room and had to remove the grill from the vent, inadvertently he forgot to replace the grill on the vent before leaving for home. Later the Pussy's master discovered that the Pussy had taken upon itself to become the vent duct "sweep"; practicing in its own way the old trade of "chimney sweep". The master wasn't so thrilled with the results and certainly let the workman know. I never heard if the Pussy had to have an unwelcome bath or vacuum cleaning treatment or not.

The incident was not quite cat-astrophic enough to get the workman fired from his job and he has returned today to continue with the work and to see what type of encounter he may have with the Pussy. (The author doesn't know the cat's proper name so thus the use of "Pussy".)


I submit this post because of the recent comments between myself and some of my friends about cats.

7 comments:

Pat VE said...

If you add other articles about felines, you'll have to include a cat-alog. Here are a few ideas for future articles from the Webster New World Dictionary.
cat-acaustic, cat-aclysm, cat-acomb, cat-alyst, cat-alytic converter, cat-amount, cat-aphyll, cat-aract, and cat-bird. These are just a few. I am wondering if the worker will get paid?
Also, a cat-bird story from me. I do not like cats nor crows. One morning one of each was arguing and "fighting" in our driveway. Alas, I didn't know which to root for. :-(

Jean said...

Pat your mind is in high gear to think of all those cat-agories for my "future" articles. Now I just need some material to work with. However, I don't plan to get a cat in my house.

yes, I hope the workman will get paid.

Pat VE said...

A couple of simple ones to start with. Cat-atonic or cat-acomb.

Anonymous said...

Sarah put up a new blog complete with 2 slide shows on Feb. 17. Have you looked at it? You didn't leave any comments. She went for a long while without changing it.

Anonymous said...

Poor cat. Did he live?

Jean said...

Yes, as far as I know, the cat is still alive. It has stayed away from the workman - perhaps it has been put in a kennel when the workman is there. Today the workman is putting on urethane & paint and certainly won't want any cat getting involved in the work.

Anonymous said...

Oh! The Cat-lover FINALLY gets her answer! Now I can sleep well tonight! THANKYOU!