Thursday, July 26, 2007

Return to Normal

Thanks to the tecnical skills of our personal computer "engineer" (without a degree) we are up and running own our own machine again. It is rather late in the day to start a blog with pictures and reports from our travels so this little message will have to be all that goes out tonight. I didn't take any pictures of the work in progress on the "repairs".


Today was the first day of bean harvest - since it was a very humid day the picking part of the job was very tiring and sweaty. I have the "baby John Deere" it really isn't a JD but is painted the same color and has a full size metal tractor seat like in the old days. The Baby is good for sitting on and rolling along between the rows of beans while you pick - sure saves my back. I got 1 & 1/2 ice cream pails of beans that I cleaned, cut up and blanched for the freezer. ( We were invited out for supper so I didn't fix any fresh beans to eat this time.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having some hot humid weather like the rest of us. I don't have beans to pick. I have walnut hulls and pieces all over my driveway that need to be blown or swept. The grass is kind of iffy, and with all the dry weather, I am hesitant to mow just yet. Tell Helmut, that everytime I look at the side of the house I am pleased and grateful. A little note regarding "Doctor"--he died before the family left, even before they'd heard about A. Betty, so it won't be a surprise to the kids. They had it in the garbage can when they left, so it didn't get picked up until afterward. I have a call into the heart Dr. and am waiting for a return call. John has had chest pains the last two days that have required nitroglycerin. He is definitely having more trouble breathing. Please pray thay we'll know what to do. Of course, he doesn't want to go to the hosp.
Love, Pat