Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Egg Tree



The hand painted egg shells crafted by one of H.'s cousins in Germany travelled all the way home with us and remained packed in the boxes until quite recently. The long delay in displaying them was because I didn't have a display rack for them and I didn't want to just put them in a basket or dish. The middle photo is how the cousin in Germany displayed her eggs. It is a very handy "tree" but I didn't know where to get one and couldn't interest H. in building me one.

Recently I thought up the idea of using some apple branches from one of our trees and making my own arrangement. Here are a couple of pictures of how it turned out. Unfortunately two eggs fell off of my tree last week when I had to move it - one became a "Humpty Dumpty" but a few days later when I moved a house plant the other egg was found in the pot unharmed so it was placed back on the tree.

4 comments:

Cortney said...

They look so neat! What a good idea

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out how they are attached...glue?

Jean said...

they have little sticks inside the egg with a loop of yarn attached then I held them on the tree with Christmas ornament hooks. The whole tree is a little precarious you need to be very delicate how you move it. I broke one egg before Helmut's birthday party and another one got broken this week by another family member. I think I'll pack it away right after Easter.

Dennis and Valerie said...

I like your egg tree better than the original one in the middle! :)