Friday, March 28, 2008

A Visit to the Conservatory


This morning while Andrew was sleeping (he had worked the night shift) we took our guests, his friends from PA to the Conservatory here in Winnipeg. We were surprised to find that the Orchid Show was on and that there were lots of visitors. Here are some of the many pictures that I took.

















On the left is Chelsea A. & on the right is Barbie S
















Helmut taking in one of the displays.

Since I was manning the camera you can't see me. Ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you find the chocolate tree? When Ross and I went through last Saturday, I saw the chocolate tree for the first time....but no pods! The flowers are beautiful...especially your tulips from last year!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a lovely spot when one is watching the fading glory of winter outside. I remember how enjoyable it was to go to the Botanical Center in Des Moines. Remember the banana plant? When I was in his school, one of the questions on a test in regard to Panama, or some other central am. country, asked about the banana tree. Almost everyone missed it. A caption under the picture of one in our book remarked about it not being a tree, but a "plant". Well, I'll bet that is the only thing I learned in that class as long-term memory. Enjoy your days with friends. Love, Pat