Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring


Spring is in the air in Manitoba. It was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine and warm temps enough to melt some snow. The walkways are becoming dryer so that it is easier to walk on them. We had a very nice walk from 5:15 - 6:15 this evening before supper. It is unusual for us to put supper off but I wanted to enjoy the fine day before the sun went down. Didn't even have to wear long pants today could just go out as I would dress for in the house except that I did have on a coat & toque.

No our tulips are not up and blooming yet. The picture was from last April just before we left for Germany. that patch of garden space is clear of snow now but nothing is shooting up there yet. There are also chives in that area and they usually come up before the tulips.

Company arrived safely - they and A. & R. all went to M. & C.'s for supper. We haven't had much chance to visit yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that spring is on its way up north. The crocus have been blooming for a week or so, but I haven't seen anything else trying to come up or bloom. It is cool and windy here today. My last pick up for putting leaves or grass with the trash, is next Tues. If the wind would die down, I might get out and work on a few places where the leaves tuck in during the winter months. I also have my pampas grass that should be cut down. I am very sleepy this morning. The respite lady is coming in 20 minutes of so, so need to wake up. Hope you get a chance to visit the company a little today. Have a great day. Love, Pat