Friday, March 14, 2008

Recent Projects






























Thankfully everything about this process of uploading pictures and blogging has gone without a hitch today so far.

These pictures represent a little of the activities that have been taking place around our house in the last week or so. Last Sat. Andrew and Helmut started rearranging the family area of the basement. In the picture where Helmut is working on something and you see a large empty space under some shelving you can imagine that the entertainment unit used to sit there. Since Andrew acquired a new very large TV it wouldn't fit in the space of the unit so all the changes were made. The unit was cut down and moved to the place where you can see the TV then the shelf part of the unit was remodeled and is sitting on the floor to house the other components. The big orange couch was moved into the space under the shelving unit on H.'s right. The other hide -a- bed faces the TV along with two chairs. Behind the hide-a-bed is R.'s drum set. Sure looks like a mess in these pictures - it is a little tidier now.

The little dresses and skirts are hanging in front of the mattress only for the photo taking so that you can see some of what I've been making. On the back of the orange couch are a few of the vests that Helmut knits and I crochet the edges of.

Yesterday I finished the calendar project for this year so they are ready to be mailed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy, busy. I have felt like getting some things done lately after whiling away about a sixth of the year. I'm organizing STUFF. I do like the frog jumper and skirts. They turned out cute. Have a great weekend. Love, your sis

Cortney said...

Jean, you are one busy woman. I remember making those calenders with the girls in NY. Good times. If we lived in Winnipeg I would ask you to give me sewing lessons. I would love to learn how to sew.

Anonymous said...

Helmut looks like he is working VERY FAST! I LOVE the frog material! It was worth waiting for. So Helmut knits too. You make a great team. I didn't even know that Ruth played the drums.

Informative shots!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.