Friday, June 1, 2007

Home Sweet Home

There is nothing like "Home" even when it is plain and mundane. We arrived on time last evening after a very great visit to Germany. Everyone was happy to see us - the two at home had made signs of welcome and the doggie was her happy welcoming self.

Winnipeg is a great deal greener, wetter and warmer than when we left. There is a veggie garden full of weeds, some volunteer lettuce and parsley and some onions which I think I planted before we left. All needs tending, tilling and planting as well as the flower beds.

Thanks to all who have tried to communicate with us while we were away. I really missed the blogging and reading hotmail was not even very possible in the various places where we were. German computers are not friendly to novices like me who cannot read the German language and am only a little computer savy (as certain folks like to call it).

We had a very interesting time with lots of new and exciting experiences.

Keep your eyes open for more details .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to hear from you. I got the cleaning done, potatoes peeled and dishes washed. I am waiting for the company to come. I hope you'll get refreshed in the month ahead for some more travel in July, D.V. Love, Pat

Sarah said...

Welcome home.... glad you had agreat trip. We head out tomorrow Lord willing to go up to sioux falls. A bit more packing still to do but I am glad to have gotten as much done as I did.
talkt o you when we get back.

Dennis and Valerie said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Anonymous said...

actually it was ONE at home that made signs of welcome, but who's counting ;)