Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Activities

That was great to see so many readers making comments on my last posting. Hooray!

Yes, Ruth knows how to play the piano - just maybe we should have it tuned before Christmas then she could treat us to a tune or two. Having it tuned up might lead to another activity that we have often considered - a sing song.

Now about today's activities - Since it is a little rainy and damp I don't think we will do any major outdoor fun unless it should clear up later on. After I finish communicating here I plan to can about 12 - 14 quarts of apple juice that Helmut made last week and it is just occupying space in the fridge.

Our assembly had a very nice pot luck supper last evening. Most of us had more than we needed to eat - everything tasted soooo good. The fellowship time was great - the only sad thing was that we said farewell to a family that are moving to Portage La Prairie, MB. A family of 5 is a pretty large gap in our small group - we will really miss them.

Yesterday, we were exhorted at the end of the meeting regarding the Lord washing the disciples feet and that we should wash one another's feet (in a spiritual since we were reminded that this could be sharing the Word of God with one another). With that in mind I want to share what I was reading this morning. Rom. 13

Verse 14 is my verse of the day -
"But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof."

Preceding this in verse 10 - Love worketh no ill to his neighbour. Verse 13 - Let us walk honestly...

One of the cross references is Jas. 3:14 but as I read further to verse 18 I was really impressed with it "And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace."

2 comments:

Pat VE said...

Dear Jean,
Thank you for the verses. I believe I read them over the weekend, and was impressed by the thoughts. How I wish I could go back and instead of poking fun at people, speak grace into the lives of ones I've come in contact with. Especially, those I love. Well, the verse that impressed me and that I wrote down this morning is in Galatians (either ch.4 or 5--I didn't write down the exact verse.) It says, "for we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith". I have been really noticing the "hope" mentioned in the readings I've done. One, is "rejoicing in hope" another is "The God of hope fill you with all peace in believing..."
It is wonderful how the Spirit of God meets our needs. Love you, Pat

Jean said...

Dear Sis, thanks for the thoughts on "hope". Take a look at "hope" in Heb. 6:17-19.

Since you now have a Google account you are one step closer to setting up your own blog. Just follow the directions one step at a time.

Love, Jean