Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Mittag - Hang Glider











Same mountain, same observation area where we watched the paraglider. Here you can see a hang glider preparing his equipment and getting airbourne. We really wondered if he would make it without hitting that pole or cable - in the end he cleared it without trouble. It is so beautiful to watch them glide around up in the sky only on the air currents.
I am going to try shorter posts today because last evening I had trouble that blogger didn't want to upload more pictures after a time.
We walked around a little in the general area of this peak but didn't try any long hikes that were available - we saw many others hiking in the area. In fact there is a trail right near the cable chair but I was not fit enough for this type of hiking.

4 comments:

Pat VE said...

There is something of a thrill while seeing something like those flying on the currents. While I have never seen these kind taking off, I have seen a field of many hot air balloons take off and glide into the sky.
I got 9 quarts of applesauce ready to put into the freezer. Have about 2/3 bushel left so will have to keep going. Love, Pat

Jean said...

Pat, Do you check back here after you have made comments to see if anyone else or I have written anything more?

I went shopping for a new dress pattern today so now I need to get busy and see if it will fit on the piece of material that was given to me. (There really isn't much choice for dresses in buluga size)

Anonymous said...

Still enjoying your Germany pictures! We had friends move to Midland earlier this summer. I think it's a really nice place to live!

Pat VE said...

Actually, last night I checked right after supper (all blogs) and then again at bedtime. Occasionally I look to see if there are more comments.
Today I finished the apples in the form of slices for the freezer. In 2004 Valerie had given me a neat gadget that peels and slices all at once. It went pretty fast. I got 4 gal. That will make 4 desserts (pie or crunch). I then went out and mowed. Then I planted a bush out in front to replace one that died this summer. Then I transplanted a couple of plants (lily and some verigated thing) to terminate the last bed over on the east that we used to have in landscape timbers. It was just a nuisance for both the neighbor and myself to mow around. Then I brought in my Mandavilla and 3 tropical plants. It is to get down to 40* tonight. Kevin and Elonie will come over after meeting and he has agreed to carry the plants upstairs. They (the plants) are heavy and I'm having a lot of trouble with my hip. So much for now. Love, Pat