Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Up date

I've just been through my nightly routine of reading all the emails , blogs & some Facebook entries. Hello to all of you that I didn't comment on. Now I just want to get at my current sewing project ( a new dress for myself) while I have the opportunity to run the machine and make as much noise as I like. My sewing area is beside Andrew's bedroom so I'm staying away from it when he sleeps in the day time.

Helmut is busy sewing this evening (on the other side of A's bedroom.) H. is making blankets for Zambia - Mark put in an order for a blanket of a certain color so I think that is the one that just got finished. The blanket idea hatched because Palliser Co. was selling off unused goods to their employees at very reasonable prices. H. purchased (through Mark) 500 meters of the softest upholstery fabric they had. In my opinion , for a man past retirement he has more work to do or planned than any one else in his catagorey.

2 comments:

Pat VE said...

Perhaps you thought I haven't been around, but I guess I haven't taken time to comment. It sounds like your world or at least schedule has been turned upside down by your sons work schedule. Life is like that sometimes. Are you actually staying up into the night to do sewing projects, or just later in the evening?
Monday night we had our Oct. BD celebrations here. It was a lot of fun. Wed., today and tomorrow, I have been babysitting the Hutchison girls (2nd and $th grades) while Jung Shil goes to her Univ. classes. They have been a delight, and we've had a lot of fun. Actually, tomorrow, John goes to the dentist, so they'
ll go with me. There is a groc. store across from it, so I might just go and get a few things I need. John's stomach hasn't felt too good this afternoon. He brought up some of his supper.
I hope to give you a call soon. Love, your Sis, Pat

Jean said...

Pat, After your call Thurs. evening I realized that you have been busy and that was probably why I hadn't seen any comments.

We only stayed up one night Or part of it - since then we have been working in the evenings when we can. A. is on his 7 days off now until Wed. evening. Yesterday and today he has gone to his part-time job around 9:30 in the morning getting home at supper time. This guy is almost a workaholic. (I guess if ones dating life consists of long distance phone calls and occasional long trips it is fine to be working as much of the time as possible.)

H. has gone to visit Lloyd and ppossibly Jim Gilmour and I am here at home doing laundry.

Love, Jean