Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Global Warming - What A Laugh



People often don't believe we go out in this cold weather. Here is how I get ready to go.
First layer - nylon stockings and longjohns.


Layer 2- cotton socks and sweat pants.










Layer 3 - wool socks and nylon wind pants.












Up top; layer 1- t-shirt (not visible)
layer 2 - heavy hooded sweat shirt.
This attempt at a self portrate is a little fuzzy.













Final layer - hooded parka, boots, mitts & hand warmers ( the green blobs in the cuffs of the mitts). If the wind is really bad I can tighten up the parka hood until it is fairly snug around my face.










Last picture is how I looked after being out on foot for some errands. I was gone about 40 minutes. The temp. was about -28c with some NW wind blowing. I don't know what the wind chill temp. registered at.

3 comments:

Pat VE said...

The whole layering system looks good to me except the nylons on the feet first. They would make me sweat. What kind of boots do you wear? Boots over shoes, or insulated boots. I don't even know where I might find my boots if I even still have them. You look COOL. Love, your sis, Pat

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this is the one where I said that I feel like I'm watching a documentary on Eskimos!...but it's real life for us!!!

Cortney said...

Meh, I don't know if I will ever adapt to Canadian winters...and its relatively mild in Calgary.