Friday, April 20, 2007

Answers

I seem to have two dragons in respect to the previous post.

1. Strongly disliking house cleaning at any time (regular or seasonal). Thus the great need for the first "weapon" WILL POWER.

2. The three horned dragon - clutter, grime & dust. All the other "weapons" are for the eradication of this beast.

All that talk was about what I did on Wed. when I cleaned our bedroom . The washing machine & dryer were to launder the sheets ( which I do faithfully about once a week).

On Thurs. it was such a beautiful day that I spent quite a bit of it raking the lawn to get rid of the winter grime & stir up the grass. We could sure use a nice steady rain for a day.

Today has been beautiful again - very windy. However, my duties required that I do the grocery shopping and then tend to some typing business this afternoon. This latter project is not finished so I'll have to get back at it soon.

In the mean time I am trying to gather together items that are needed for the up coming trip. Everyday I get one or two things done or found. Soon we will have to tie up the loose ends. Also I'd like to find some time to concentrate on the camera a little more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dragon was quite interesting. I would never have catagorized house cleaning as eliminating a dragon. I wondered about the dragon or leviathon in the book of Job, but it never indicates that man could ever subdue them. I was also wondering if you were thinking of something in Satan's realm, but there again it is not in our power to overcome him with household cleaners. It would be nice. Well, that riddle kind of is in the class of Samson's (honey in the carcas of the lion). I am glad you've gotten so much done before you turn a year older. Every year older you get, the harder it is to keep up the pace. Happy Birthday Saturday. Lovingly, Pat

Jean said...

Yes, every year older it is harder but I can truthfully say it is easier this year than last year and I'm pretty sure the trouble that I had in July last year was slowly building up in the spring.

My dragons were not considered to be along scriptural lines in any way but more along the lines of story book dragons.

Pat, you would never find house work something to dislike or detest. You got All or at least one third of the cleaning genes handed out in the Ferris family - I think Jim got more than his fair share also - I certainly got the very least. Ha!

There are other things I really enjoy doing.

I don't mind getting a year older at 365 days at a time but having it happen at 363 days is a bit of a surprise. Twice no less! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Jean, I have never read any story books about dragons. Can you give me some examples? Are these alagories?
Sorry to wish you a happy birthday too soon. I came home from the class on dementia quite satisfied that I am not plagued with that as of yet. Now, I am not so sure. Love, Pat

Dennis and Valerie said...

Well, I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday too, but now I'm wondering if I have the right day? April 21? My source told me it was the 21st. :) Anyway, I hope you have or have had a wonderful birthday and that you don't have to do any detestable cleaning on your special day. :) Love, Valerie