Monday, April 23, 2007

House Plants

This is the Hoya plant in bloom - I laid the long vine on which the bloom is clustered across the plant in order to get the best picture. The blooms hang down so the only other ways I could get a good picture would be to lie on the floor or hang the plant way up high. Pat, a while back you were asking what this plant is like. Sometimes little sticky drops of liquid fall off the blossoms. Because of this "bad" habit I recently had to move the one that was hanging above the computer as it is starting to bloom.

I spent some time late last night trying to upload this picture to the blog but couldn't get it accomplished so as I was trying again this morning Andrew came along and showed me how - unfortunately he goes through the process so fast I miss some of the steps so I don't know if I can do it again or not.

I took some pics Sat. to try to show the mess on our front lawn left from the winter dumpings by the snow plows but they just didn't turn out very nice. Helmut cleaned the mess all up with a scoop shovel and got the garbage can so heavy that he can't lift it. He says he'll have to divide the load so the garbage collectors can lift it. For those who don't know - we live on a corner and get lots of snow dumped on or side by the snow plows and of course the sand the city puts down for traction eventually ends up on the lawn. May be we should ask the city to come back and collect the sand for recycling, HA!

Since today is my birthday my dear husband is taking me shopping so we will be leaving soon .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a neat picture of the flower you had described to me. I expect that you will catch onto the system of putting pictures on your blog. I have only found one person who was patient enough with me to help me learn much on the computer. I take that back--2. Valerie and Ron Kratzer. That is Valerie Easton not Valerie Kratzer. :) Hope that you found what you were shopping for. I was out the whole time John was at dialysis, so if we eat an early supper, I might get out and mow.
Have the rest of your Happy Birthday, happy. Love, Pat

Dennis and Valerie said...

Happy Birthday, Aunt Jean! I'm coming in on the tale end of it (10:22pm), but since it is only 9:22pm your time you'll have an extra hour to celebrate. :)

That was a nice compliment my mom gave me up there.

I enjoyed seeing the picture of your flower as well.

Happy Birthday!

Love, Valerie

Jean said...

It has been a very happy birthday. I cooked the supper for the four of us with some help from Helmut. We will celebrate with Mark, Cammie & Toby on Friday - I might not have to cook that meal. Ruth is trying to hatch some plans.

As for the shopping it was partly successful.

Thanks for the birthday greetings.