Sunday, April 29, 2007

Packing Day

This afternoon we started packing for this much anticipated trip to Germany. Helmut is almost done all of his packing but Jean is a little behind and will have to pack the big piece of luggage in the morning. My carry-on is packed except for the things that must be used before we leave. It feels like it weighs a ton but on the scale it is officially 8 pounds which is well under the limit of 20 pounds for carry-on.

We are trying to consider all the good advise that various globe trotters are giving out and doing what we think best. Today, the neighbor across the street left a message on the answering machine to tell me to be sure to take some snacks with me just in case if we end up in places where it isn't possible to buy any food for several hours. She is worried about my diabetic situation. Just the way she said all of this on the recorder I just had to laugh when I listened to it. (Thankfully she couldn't hear me laughing) In the morning I'll have to go buy some granola bars - I sure hope they give us plenty to drink (not spirits) on the plane as you aren't allowed to carry any on. Reminded of that by another sister at the meeting.

I better get to bed and get some extra sleep ahead of time to make up for what will be lost in transit.

Good night all. It really is 12:05 am Apr. 30 not the time the blog is saying that this is posted

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you check into carrying syringes on the plane? When we traveled with John's dialysis stuff that bag was thouroughly ransacked with and they left a courtesy note saying that "this bag was inspected". We talked about going to Houston this spring, but they won't let you take your own oxygen aboard. It would be too complicated and John would not be up to it. Hope your trip goes smoothly. We have been praying for you and will continue to do so. Love, Pat and John

Jean said...

I have an official letter from the doctor indicating my need of insulin and all the equipment.