Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Count Down

In about 61 hours (it is 11:15pm Sat. at the present time) we will be putting the final things in our bags, and probably having lunch here at home. We need to be at the air port by 1:30pm. on Tues.

Today we did what we hope is our final shopping trip to prepare for the trip. we fond a few more items and we couldn't find something that was wanted ( the later wasn't for the trip but needed before we leave) I got the little bag that I wanted for some of my diabetic care things at the neighbors garage sale - after having looked in many stores last week unsuccessfully.

It has been a very warm day here and feels quite stuffy here in the house because it was all shut up all evening while we were out. Some friends of ours who are immigrants from Guyana invited us over for super. They served traditional Guyana dishes which are quite a bit spicier than how I cook. We enjoyed a good visit with them and their three little children and the Grandmother. Four other friends of ours were also invited so we were a good size group.

Somehow, in the next 61 hours we both have to pack, as well as do the routine things of the days- I think sleep is the first thing on the list.

My first bunch of tulips are blooming. I have also seen daffodils blooming in various yards around the city. Mine are a bit slower this year. A friend of ours went searching for wild crocuses on Thurs. and found some to photograph near one of the lakes - he thinks that they are about two weeks later than usual. The bushes and some of the trees are begining to show a greeness because the buds are coming out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get a chance to check my e-mail earlier, but I am glad for the update. I hope you aren't too nervous. We went to Omaha for Sarah Donnelley's graduation party. It was at the Chapel. This was one of the longest jaunts John has taken since Aug. 05. He did really well. We are listening to the story of Franklin Graham--Rebel With a Cause, on a talking tape. I may give you a quick call before you leave. Hope you get lots of good sleep. Have you been having trouble sleeping? Lots of love, dear sister, Pat

Jean said...

No more trouble sleeping than the norm.